Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I am going to post something good for once.

Since I have been griping and whining lately (they say go with your strengths) I decided to post something a little more positive.

First I have to say that I just adore my husband. He is a wonderful man I consider myself so honored to be married to him. Like all couples we have worked through difficult times but he has grown into someone that I hope my sons will try and emulate. He is an amazing father who cherishes the time that he spends with his sons. He is demonstrative to all of us and definitely not afraid of PDA. I also love that he is good with technology because I am not and one of us needs to stay a step ahead of the kids.

Second, I love, love, love my sons. I was just simply not meant to have girls. My boys don't care what they are wearing, if it is clean, if it is theirs, if it matches, if it is pajamas, if it is inside out, backwards, etc. Sometimes this is a bad thing (school, church) but they are so not interested in labels and if they are in fashion or not. I don't think I would have the patience to match a dress with bows, socks, shoes, purses...... I love to go catch frogs and crawdads with them. I would rather go four-wheeling than shopping and I am ok with picking up worms (I grew up baiting my own fishing poles so there). They are so laid back with themselves and everyone else. I also like that when boys fight they basically punch each other (Our rule: Don't throw the first punch but throw the second, third, fourth, etc) and they are over it. Also (they will be so happy when they find out I wrote this) they still crawl into my lap (even the oldest two) and want me to come snuggle every night. Boys love their moms.

Third, I have a GREAT family. My sisters are the best and I wish I could see them more so we could talk about how awesome we are (our awesomeness peaks when we are together) and eat no-bake cookies all day. My parents are very supportive of me and I wish they were closer to us so they could be with the kids more.

So there I can write something positive.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

your posts are all rainbows and puppies (and awesomeness) all the time. xoxo

Me said...

You forgot no-bake cookies.

Kade and Emily said...

Way to be a "the cup is half full" kind of person.
I didn't think I was cut out for bows and dresses, but I have come to enjoy it. At least we do cars instead of dolls.