Friday, November 14, 2008

A child's prayer.

Every night before the kids go to bed we say prayers. The other night we asked Parker to say it he said "Nope. Let's try....Connor". So we convince him that it is his turn. When the kids end their prayers they generally say: In the name of thy son, Jesus Christ, Amen. Parker put his own little spin on it. He ended with: In the name of your cousin........

We all tried (and failed) not to laugh.

On a side note. Parker is a regular first grader. He is in a regular class with no aide, no shadow, nothing. He is just another kid! There were times that I wondered if this would ever be possible but finding out what was wrong and addressing it has changed all of our lives especially his. Parker's old teacher is so sad that he is leaving the class that he started eating lots of chocolate during our transition meeting. We love his new teacher and next year he will be at Chancey with all of his brothers. I don't know if one school is ready for all four Farnsworth boys. It will be interesting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I seriously laughed out loud when I read "in the name of your cousin." He couldn't be any cuter. I'm sure he meant to say "in the name of my super rockin aunts"

And SWEEEEEEET! on him moving forward with a new teacher/class. Having a super-mom in your corner does wonders:) xoxo

Natalie said...

Oh, crap...give me a minute...I'm still catching my breath...PHHHHEEEWWWwwwwwwwww ok. *wipes tear away*

Parker - that was awesome. Please encourage him to say "in the name of Aunt Natalie" one night. And please, record it. I'm not one to use anything but vibrate on my phone but...I'd set that as my ringtone.