Friday, November 14, 2008

Dreading Thanksgiving.

Growing up we would always have a big thanksgiving. At the very least my grandparents and several cousins would be at out house or all of us would be at my grandparents house. Having never lived in the same place as my family since we have had children has been difficult around the holidays. Each year it seems to get harder. This year will be the most difficult because our go-to holiday friends have moved (thanks Holly!). The Casos' adopted us early on since their family was out West and anyone who needed a place to go was always welcome at their home. Thanksgiving was usually a huge event with residents, people from the ward and neighborhood. This year we are on our own. Even the people that we have been with the past couple years are either going home or have plans.

I just want to skip it. Two of my kids are not going to even touch whatever I make (vegetarian and picky eater) so what is the point of going all out for two adults, one child and a toddler?

Wake me up the day after.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh whatever! if I know u this is an opportuntiy to make some ha-larious traditions/memories (and a couple of good old heartwarming ones too). don't stress yourself out, keep it easy and enjoy your time with your beautiful, intelligent, lovey-dovey, way-too-entertaining little boys. not to mention that husband of yours that we should bottle up and sell. we could make millions!

no kidding, find ways to keep it simple so you can enjoy yourself, you'll be so happy you had this time with your family. what a great thing you have going on there kathy.

Fisher Crew said...

I would vote for going out to eat! That way everyone is happy and you don't have to stress about making this huge meal for only a couple of people! I wish you were coming here, but since you're not, we're heading up north!

Holly said...

We'll miss you this year--we actually have real family coming. Way too wierd. . . .

Natalie said...

Sisters are smart (pssst, mostly me...I kid, I kid) I think it will be a lot of fun =) You'll have your first "Just my beautiful family" Thanksgiving and knowing you two, it will be all laughs. You could do some crafts that day too! You know how we used to make those home-made Christmas ornaments with Grandma? with the pipe-cleaners and the beads? Would be a fun after dinner craft! Ooooh! or HAND TURKEYS!!!