Friday, May 22, 2009

Good and the bad

Well school is coming to a close and I am happy yet also dreading it. Entertaining 4 kids daily will be exhausting but fun. I am also leaving for Mexico on June 7th and cannot wait. I desperately need to get away.

The dread of summer is due to Noah. It sounds awful but wait until you hear my reason. First, Noah loves to get out of the house and run off. Since he doesn't talk and doesn't understand danger this makes it way more stressful that it could be. We recently got him a Brickhouse Child Location device but we have to pin it on him and it cannot get wet. Second, he seems to know every single time I sit because that is when he comes to get me so he can drag me around until he finds whatever he wants and then I am supposed to get it for him. I cannot tell you how tired I am of that. It doesn't matter if he wants a drink or if he wants to turn the ceiling fan on/off/on/off/on/off/on/off, etc I am dragged to it by my finger. If I don't comply with his "request" he immediately begins to scream and throw a tantrum. You cannot reason with him. He can count, he knows his colors and shapes but you cannot explain why playing with the box fan for 6 hours is not your idea of a fun time.

Good News! We found a school that we think will be able to get Noah speaking. Bad News! It costs $12,000. I will be fighting the school system to get them to pay but no matter what he is going. We are not moving to Oldham County and I am ebaying my heart out to come up with the tuition. Someone offered me $30,000 to be a surrogate but I have to draw the line somewhere. Being pregnant for someone else is not worth $30k.

Sorry I digress (as usual). I feel really overwhelmed right now with Noah. Because of him our family options are growing smaller and smaller. We are so limited to what we can do because Noah can, will and has ruined activities for us all so sometimes (most of the time) it is easier to just not go anywhere. This has grown to include church. Scott and I now go on alternate Sundays because he refuses to go to class even if we go with him. Complete tantrum/meltdown. It is ridiculous. I feel like my family is being held captive daily.

This is why I will live in a shack to pay for this school. Reece has to kiss South Oldham (or East...we were not quite sure yet) goodbye for middle school because we cannot afford $1333 a month for this school and a new mortgage payment. That is actually more than my current mortgage. Yikes. If he starts talking it will be worth every single penny though.

If anyone has any great ideas on how to pay for this place I would love to know.

No comments: